Improving your mental health can feel like a big task, and the challenges of feeling depressed and anxious can make it even harder. Luckily, Life Resolutions psychologist Mary Magalotti is here with some simple tips you can try to make the day-to-day a bit easier.
Five Things You Can Do to Improve Your Mental Health Everyday
- Get moving: We know that motivating yourself to exercise when you’re feeling down can be tough – but the science shows that it really works! Try taking a slow walk around the block or do some stretches at home.
- Enjoy healthy meals: Your body needs fuel to function – and so does your brain! Make sure you’re giving yourself the best chance by ensuring you eat a balanced diet, rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and omega-3.
- Spend time with loved ones: Don’t be afraid to open up and seek support from those you love – invite them around to just chill out if leaving the house seems unmanageable. Remember, they love you and want to see you get well!
- Practice positivity: Even when things are tough, our brain is capable of amazing feats of optimism and strength. Spend some time reminding yourself of all the wonderful things about you – and all the things you can achieve.
- Seek support: Sometimes, mental health challenges can be too much to face alone. Life Resolutions offers compassionate counselling and support for those with depression, anxiety, and other mental health concerns.
Chat to the Life Resolutions Team Today
If you or someone you love is having a tough time right now, Mary Magalotti and the Life Resolutions team want you to know support is available. You can contact us to book an appointment with our friendly psychologists – help is just a phone call away.